I grew up in Schramberg, a small town in the black forest area in Germany, and moved to Berlin for my undergraduate studies.
For my graduate studies, I moved north to Oslo, Norway, where I obtained my PhD from the Institute of Theoretical Astrophysics in 2017. Then I started my postdoc at the University of California, Santa Barbara (UCSB), and I obtained the NASA Hubble fellowship which I completed at UCSB and the Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore.
Education and positions held
- NHF UCSB & Johns Hopkins University
- University of California, Santa Barbara (UCSB )
I am a theoretical astrophysicist working on a range of topics from modified gravity, over the epoch of reionization, to resonant line transfer, and small-scale (magneto) hydrodynamics. At MPA , I hope to work on problems that connect the latter two fields to learn more about gas dynamics in and around galaxies.
- Gronke, M., & Oh, S. P. (2020), Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, 494, L27. https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2020MNRAS.494L..27G
- Gronke, M., & Oh, S. P. (2020), Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, 492, 1970. https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2020MNRAS.492.1970G
- Gronke, M., & Oh, S. P. (2018), Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, 480, L111. https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2018MNRAS.480L.111G
- Gronke, M., Dijkstra, M., McCourt, M., & Oh, S. P. (2017), Astronomy and Astrophysics, 607, A71. https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2017A&A…607A..71G
- Gronke, M., Bull, P., & Dijkstra, M. (2015), The Astrophysical Journal, 812, 123. https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2015ApJ…812..123G